Perth Cardiovascular Institute
Since opening its doors in 1999, Perth Cardiovascular Institute (Perth Cardio) has expanded its services to the major public and private hospitals in Perth and regional centres. We provide 8 convenient locations for consultations and testing in the Perth metro area plus outreach regional clinics in Esperance, Kununurra, Halls Creek, Fitzroy Crossing, Derby, Balgo and Broome.
Perth Cardio’s team of cardiologists are leaders in sub-specialised cardiology fields such as Cardiac Imaging, Electrophysiology, Advanced Heart Failure, Structural Heart and Valvular Implantations, Angioplasty and other interventional procedures and are focused on providing outstanding patient care during our patients journey with us.
Perth Cardio’s team of dynamic technologists have extensive international and Australian-based experience and are trained to excel in each testing procedure we perform; both from a clinical perspective and a professional caring one to ensure a high quality of care to our patients. We constantly assess new technologies and implement advanced investigation techniques to provide the highest quality information and data in all reports. Our compassion, dedication and care also extends into research where we offer services that will hopefully lead to the benefit of people worldwide.
Western Australian Owned, Operated and Supported
We are WA through and through. Perth Cardio is owned by Western Australians, employs Western Australians and supports local Western Australian businesses, suppliers and non-profit organisations. All our tests are reported here by Western Australian cardiologists who are readily available to follow-up on any clinical matter with you or your GP.
What makes us leaders in Cardiology
- We are innovative: Certified in Good Clinical Practice (GCP); as outlined by the International Conference on Harmonisation (ICH) Guidelines, we’re always looking for opportunities to improve the outcomes for our patients, from investigating and researching the latest in cardiovascular treatments, to investing in the best medical technology to provide faster more accurate diagnostic and report delivery, to starting Western Australian’s first private comprehensive Heart Failure Clinic to improve clinical outcomes for heart failure patients.
- We are service delivery focused: We seek and develop highly-skilled team members in all facets of our organisation and we have built a healthy work culture that values teamwork and patient service delivery.
- We aim for no waiting period: We aim to have minimal to no waiting period for our regular appointments. If your situation is urgent, we ensure we’ll find you an appointment on the same day.
- Great value – fair pricing for all: While we’re a private practice, we maintain a competitive and fair pricing policy which allows us to continue the brilliant care we provide to our patients regardless of income/social status. As a company we can care for our patients in the public system as well as private hospitals or as outpatients. We also maintain a no gap fee for the services we provide to inpatients admitted to our hospitals.
- Good corporate citizens: we aim to make a difference in the community in which we live and work. Our Sustainability Officer seeks out local businesses to provide our consumables so that we can not only support our local economy but reduce our carbon footprint.
- We have a long history of active participation in improving indigenous health via our association with Derbarl Yerrigan Health Service, assisting the WA Rheumatic Heart Disease Register with testing services to help identify and track the disease and work towards prevention, providing doctor education, reporting and advice in the Kimberley, Wheatbelt and Esperance regions and outreach testing in remote northern WA.
- We are committed to doctor education which we have continued through COVID with online virtual education sessions.
- We are diverse in culture, backgrounds, religions and orientations and yet we all have a common goal of making the world a better place for having been in it.
- We provide comprehensive care: At Perth Cardio we provide solutions to suit all your cardiovascular care needs, including:
- Cardiology consultation
- Electrophysiology studies
- Heart failure clinic
- Pacemaker clinics
- Echo or echocardiography (transthoracic & transoesophageal)
- Stress echocardiography (dobutamine & treadmill)
- Short and long-term event monitoring
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Holter monitoring
- Remote monitored devices
- Exercise stress testing
- Arrhythmia care
- Catheter ablation
- Angiography & angioplasty
- ASD closure
- Trans Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Pacemakers Implantable Cardiac Devices (ICD)
- Pre-employment/pre-work medical and mandatory licencing screening
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Risk factor management
- Disease prevention
Chief Executive Officer