Our COVID Precautions For All Visitors
During these uncertain times, Perth Cardiovascular Institute remains open, providing the same high level of care and service that you’ve always experienced with us. However, for reasons that we can all understand, we will be doing things a little differently.
- Our reception team will ask a few additional questions in regards to recent travel, any symptoms you may be experiencing and your ability to wear a mask at all times whilst in our rooms, at the time of booking your appointment. This will also apply to any carers or additional people that attend the appointment with you.
- On arrival, we will ask that you wear a mask for the entire duration of your visit, including throughout your test, and exercise hand hygiene and social distancing where possible.
- All our clinics remain open, however your cardiologist may request to conduct your consultation via telehealth if you’re not fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- All our staff comply with vaccination requirements.
- Our staff practice infection control procedures and use PPE to keep themselves and the patients they care for safe.
- We practice regular cleaning, including all patient contact surfaces.
- Wearing masks is mandatory in our clinics.
- All patients will have confirmed their recent travel and current health (ie confirmed they are not experiencing any cold-like symptoms).
It’s safe to continue your care with us because:
Where possible we ask that patients attend appointments alone. This helps with social distancing within our rooms.
Of course, health advice continues to change and evolve so we will continue to keep you informed of any changes that affect you and your care with us.